We are currently in our 12th Make-a-thon here at Coursera, which is when we come together to share ideas and create projects outside of our day-to-day work to make Coursera better.
Our Make-a-thon project is called "Coursera for Everyone." We are creating a landing page to share: why education is important, real learner stories, career opportunities, and how to get started on Coursera no matter your education background or job experience.
Want to get involved in a Coursera Make-a-thon project? Respond to one (or all) of the questions below!
- Why do you think learning is important?
- Which course(s) inspires you and why?
- Would you consider becoming a "life mentor" to someone on the Coursera Community? This is NOT the same idea as a course mentor. You would give "life coaching" advice to support someone during their personal learning journey (whatever it may be). Think of it more as someone who mentors you throughout high school, college, or a job.
- How has learning changed your life?
- If you put together a "getting started" guide on Coursera, what would you include and why?
Your responses to this thread could be included in our final Make-a-thon demo! Stay tuned for more details :)
p.s. I'm on the Teaching & Learning team, where we help empower our partners to create engaging learning experiences. So great to share this project idea with you all!