To stop getting notifications from posts you're following, or to stop automatically following a topic when you reply to it, go to your [url=https://www.coursera.community/settings/profile/settings page[/url]. Instructions on how to do that are here.
You can also follow and unfollow individual forums and topics. If you are following a forum you will get a notification every time a new topic is posted there. If you are following a topic you will get a notification every time a new reply is posted on the thread.
To follow or unfollow a forum:
- Go to the forum you want to follow or unfollow
- Click the button in the top right, just under the banner image. It will say "Follow" if you aren't following the forum and "Unfollow" if you are already following it.
To follow or unfollow a topic
- Go to the topic you want to follow or unfollow
- Scroll to the bottom of the opening post
- Click "Follow" If the star is empty, you are not following the topic, if the star is filled in you are already following the topic