Influencers are people and businesses who attract high value followers and engage with them to build long-lasting relationships. This fast-paced webinar will give you the tools, tips and techniques to immediately begin developing and growing your professional brand. This isn’t a lecture but a step-by-step methodology to begin connecting with the high value markets you want to develop. It is designed for everyone from entrepreneurs to executives who want to quickly build their professional persona using social media. Start growing your followers by attending this information-packed webinar!
This webinar took place on 13 March 2019.
Select Questions Answered in the Webinar
- Sometimes the “sell” behind the “help” is so obvious that it turns off potential customers. Any thoughts on how to avoid this?
- As you mentioned, we are in the "Connected Age" today. What are your thoughts on how business will be affected once we transition into the "Data Age"?
- How do you determine a great title [for a blog post]?
- I'm a small business owner, looking at moving my blog from stand alone to website. Am I going to encounter any intellectual property challenges reposting?
- Should I post the same or similar "#content" on each different social media channel?
- Do you follow any rules like "don't share items behind a paywall," or make sure you share "subscription required"?
- As LinkedIn changes from a purely career networking platform to more of a media share platform, how should professionals use it to promote their professional persona?
- What do you see as the next big growth social media platform? What is on the horizon that social media marketers and professionals need to be early adopters of in order to stay up to speed?
Citations and references
Reply to this post with your follow-up questions for Prof. Randy Hlavac.
Stay tuned! This is the first of several webinars:
- The New Digital Content Model: 26 March 1:00–2:00 pm Pacific Time
- 10 Digital Marketing Trends to Track in 2019: 10 April 11:00 am–12:00 pm Pacific Time
- Social Media Marketing Specialization overview: 24 April 1:00–2:00 pm Pacific Time
Randy Hlavac is an expert in digital marketing and how to use consumer and business big data to define, target, and develop high value markets. Randy teaches Digital, Social and Mobile Marketing Strategies in the Medill IMC program, Marketing Analytics in the McCormick Engineering Management program and Social Media and Content Curation in the School of Professional Studies at Northwestern University. Randy also works with The Garage and the Farley Entrepreneurial program to assist entrepreneurs to grow and position their brand using social and digital marketing. In addition to teaching, Randy is director of the OmniChannel Initiative – a joint venture with IBM to bring new business and marketing technologies into the college curriculum at Northwestern.
Randy also helped Northwestern develop Coursera online programs in Social Media Marketing and Content Strategy and Content Curation. These courses are offered worldwide and have students in over 150 countries. They are some of the largest online programs on marketing and content in the world.
Randy is CEO of Marketing Synergy, Inc. Founded in 1990, Marketing Synergy helps clients from start-ups to Fortune 100 to develop effective digital marketing strategies and deploy the marketing, customer service, and financial metrics systems to improve profits and grow market share.
Randy is also the author of the book – Social IMC – Social Strategies with Bottom-Line ROI and will soon be publishing Prosper – Your Guide to Building Profitable Digital Marketing Programs. Randy is also a blogger on digital and social marketing technologies.
Randy can be reached at R-Hlavac@northwestern.edu or you can Skype him at randy.hlavac and follow him on Twitter at @RandyHlavac.